Solicitor / Director of Avadis & Co. Solicitors
Email : Info@avadis.co.uk
Laurie founded Avadis & Co. Solicitors in July 1998, having qualified in 1982.
Laurie handles all areas of family law. He is a member of the Child Care Panel, Resolution and the Association of Lawyers for Children. He has been a full time solicitor advocate since 1990 and appears at the Family Proceedings Court, County Court, High Court and Court of Appeal. He has obtained and maintained a Legal Aid contract in family law.
Laurie handles all areas of personal injury law and clinical negligence. He is an Association of Personal Injury Law Senior Litigator, and a member of Accident Line. He has appeared as an advocate in the County Court.
Probate and Wills
Laurie has handled probate and wills – contentious and non-contentious work since 1985.
Other areas of law handled
- Negligence claims against solicitors
- General litigation
- University of Westminster Solicitors Finals
- University of West London BA Hons Law degree
- Director of Avadis & Co. Solicitors – 1998
- The Luper Partnership Solicitors (Partner) – 1988 to 1998
- Kaye Tesler Solicitors (Partner) – 1985 to 1988
- Articled Clerk Kaye Tesler & Co. – 1982 to 1985
Outside of work
- Laurie has been a singer/songwriter with the band “The Last Postman” and latterly “The Nightingale Experience” since the 80’s.
- In 2012 Laurie won an international poetry competition and he continues to write. He is a keen artist and a prizewinning photographer.
- With regard to sport; Laurie competes for an athletics club in 1500m, 5000m and cross country events. He also regularly takes part in 10k races.
- Laurie is a proud member of the Child Poverty Action Group.