Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Kiran joined Avadis & Co. Solicitors in August 2013. Post-graduation, Kiran embarked upon the Legal Practice Course at the University of Hertfordshire, completing the Course in June 2009.
Upon graduating Kiran began working at Hertfordshire County Council within a project management remit for 2 years and then gaining extensive public sector legal experience at Hertfordshire Council and Haringey Borough Council. Kiran also gained private sector experience as a paralegal before commencing her training contract at Avadis & Co. Solicitors in August 2013.
Kiran’s experience to date includes Public (care proceedings) & private family law and injunctive proceedings in particular specialising in matters relating to children.
Within public family law proceedings Kiran has gained experience of acting for the Local Authority, parents and grandparents, this has provided Kiran with a vast knowledge of acting for parties in care proceedings. Kiran’s knowledge and experience includes dealing with a variety of issues within care proceedings such as drug & alcohol misuse, sexual abuse, domestic violence, mental health and learning difficulties and non-accidental injuries.
Kiran also represents parents in residence and contact disputes this includes applications for leave to remove a child from their jurisdiction.
Kiran has recently developed her knowledge with injunctive proceedings assisting clients who have been subjected to domestic violence. Kiran has a keen interest in developing her expertise in this area by developing good working relationships in the community with charities and organisations.
Kiran is committed to the Resolution Code of Practice and tries to help clients resolve family disputes in a constructive and non-confrontational way wherever possible.
- University of Hertfordshire, LPC
- University of Hertfordshire, LLB Law degree
- Solicitor, Avadis and Co. Solicitors(August 2015)
- Trainee Solicitor, Avadis and Co. Solicitors(August 2013)
- Paralegal, Breeze & Wyles Solicitors LLP (2012-2013)
- Haringey Borough Council (2012)
- Hertfordshire County Council (2009-2012)
- Rothera Dowson Solicitors (Summer period of 2005 – 2007)
Outside of Work
- Kiran takes a keen interest in sports and keeping fit; having set up a women’s football team in Hertfordshire back in 2009 – competing in a Sunday league. In 2011, Kiran had the opportunity to play in a county cup game against Arsenal Ladies FC.
- Kiran is a keen advocate of sports and fitness, becoming an independent distributor of Herbalife – keeping abreast of her nutritional knowledge.